Last week, at its 2017 National Conference, Care Net presented awards to its outstanding affiliated centers and to its longest serving leaders for their exemplary work serving the women and men in their communities.
Seven awards for excellence were presented by Care Net, recognizing the accomplishments of centers in 2016 in the following categories:
- The Guy Condon Presidential Award was created to honor a center with a holistic approach to client care, including a focus on healthy marriage, fatherhood, and motherhood. This center also engages local churches in providing ongoing "life-support" for women and couples. The winner of the 2017 award was Care Net Pregnancy Center of Albuquerque, with locations in Albuquerque, East Mountain, Rio Rancho, and Los Lunas, New Mexico, as well as a mobile medical unit. The centers are led by Mary LeQuieu, who received the award on their behalf.
- The Spiritual Care Award was presented to urban, suburban, and rural centers with a successful focus on including spiritual care in their holistic services. The recipients were:
- Safe Choice Pregnancy Care Center in Ellijay, GA (rural)
- Huntsville Pregnancy Resource Center in Huntsville, AL (suburban, pictured below)
- Women's Resource Medical Centers of Southern Nevada in Las Vegas, NV (urban)
- The Critical Client Award was presented to the rural, suburban, and urban centers with the highest number of clients facing life-altering pregnancy decisions. The recipients were:
- Pregnancy Resource Center of Southwest Florida in Naples, FL (rural, pictured below)
- Women's Pregnancy Center in Ocala, FL (suburban)
- Pregnancy Care Center of Fresno in Fresno, CA (urban)
Care Net selected these awardees from within its network of over 1,100 affiliated pregnancy centers.
Care Net President and CEO Roland C. Warren praised the award recipients: “It is our pleasure to recognize the excellence of these centers as they provide material, emotional, and spiritual support to women and men facing pregnancy decisions.”
In addition, Care Net presented its Teal Heart Award to pregnancy center leaders based on their years of service to those making pregnancy decisions in their communities.
Leaders receiving the 5 and 10-year awards are pictured here.
Leaders receiving the 15 and 20-year awards are pictured here.
Leaders receiving the 25 and 30-year awards are pictured here.
Care Net will present next year’s awards at its annual National Conference in Atlanta, GA from September 4 to 7, 2018.
Founded in 1975, Care Net supports one of the largest networks of pregnancy centers in North America and runs the nation's only real-time call center providing pregnancy decision coaching. Since 2008, Care Net centers have saved over 603,000 unborn lives from abortion. Acknowledging that every human life begins at conception and is worthy of protection, Care Net offers compassion, hope, and help to anyone considering abortion by presenting them with realistic alternatives and Christ-centered support through its life-affirming network of pregnancy centers, organizations, and individuals. Learn more at www.care-net.org.